Good gut health is the foundation of good health and wellbeing throughout the entire body. When your gut functions optimally, every other part of your body is well nourished, and supported to perform at peak capacity.
As well as breaking down food, absorbing nutrients, and removing waste, the gut performs a number of other vital functions, such as:
- manufacturing the important neurotransmitter, Serotonin
- providing vital neurological feedback to the brain. This is known as the Gut- Brain axis and;
- being a major part of the immune system
Gut Health Effects
I can help you with that…
The first question I’m usually asked is, “I’ve just been told I’ve got (insert here, whatever health challenge you’re currently managing). Can you help?” The answer is usually, yes. And here is why.
Naturopathy is a broad spectrum healing profession and I have been specifically trained in managing disease using nutrition, herbs, and homeopathy. I have also undertaken additional training in pharmacology and biochemistry to better understand the interaction of many pharmaceutical drugs with the disease process, and what effect introducing natural remedies is likely to have.
If you are currently managing any of the following, I can help.
- General digestive complaints, as well as the more acute concerns of ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel disease (IBS)
- Mood disorders (anxiety, depression, seasonal depression )
- Chronic pain, arthritis, injury or inflammation
- Eczema and other skin complaints
- Respiratory issues including bronchitis, asthma, sinus, glue ear
- Autoimmune conditions
- Chronic or acute infections
I can also help with:
- Stopping addictions
- Stress management
- Fertility concerns (male and female)